The Gungahlin Medical Centre was the first medical centre in the Gungahlin Town Centre servicing generations of the Gungahlin Community for over 20 years. We had our beginnings at the Gungahlin Marketplace (currently Westpac Bank) surrounded by grass paddocks. We moved to our current location at Gungahlin Square in 2006
Gungahlin Medical Centre is a safe place for all family members in the ACT region aiming for the highest quality medical and healthcare in a friendly, caring environment.
COVID 19 and the ACT
Our nation is facing an unprecedented challenge to the health and safety of our people. It is a time we must rally together and support each other. It is heartening to see the courage of the ACT people step forward, get tested when needed and get vaccinated. We plan to provide the COVID vaccinations from the 6 September 2021.
We must protect each other, be kind to our fellow Canberrans, wear a mask and socially distance. Please be aware that if you have a fever, cough, sore throat, diarrhoea, shortness of breath or a runny nose for the safety of other patients and your caregivers we ask you not to enter the medical centre. Please call 62550888 for a telephone consultation.
Dr Emily Watkins, General Practitioner
We would like to welcome our New Doctor, Dr Emily Watkins
Dr Emily Watkins grew up in Canberra and completed her Medical Degree at the University of Queensland. She has completed a Masters of Reproductive Medicine and a Graduate Certificate of Women’s Health and will soon complete the Diploma in Paediatics. She has worked as an Embryologist for Monash IVF and Canberra Fertility Centre. Dr Emily has specials interests in Women’s Health, Children’s Health, Contraception, Pre-Pregnancy and Pregnancy counselling. In her spare time, Dr Emily enjoys looking after her young family.
The Gungahlin Medical Centre is conveniently located at 128/43 Hibberson Street Gungahlin, opposite the Post Office.
We accept DVA card holder patients at Gungahlin Medical Centre, Please call 62550888 for an appointment. Please advice reception that you have a DVA card .
We bulk bill children under the age of 16 on weekdays
Coronavirus updated health advice
If you think you have been exposed to the coronavirus please call us on 62550888. Anyone in the ACT who meets the following criteria can be tested for COVID-19
- Fever (>38degC) or history of fever (night sweats, chills) in the absence of a clear alternative cause such as urinary tract infection or cellulitis
- Acute respiratory infection (eg shortness of breath , cough, sore throat)
- Patients with sudden loss of smell, loss of taste, runny nose, muscle pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, vomiting or loss of appetite can be tested for COVID-19 if no alternate cause for these symptoms is apparent
- Monday through Friday: extended business hours
- Saturday and Sunday: 9am to 12 noon
- Open 7 days a week
New Skin Cancer Clinic
We are pleased to announce the opening of our Skin Cancer Clinic at Gungahlin Medical Centre. Your Skin Doctor will image your concerning skin lesions on our software. Also, your Skin Doctor has skills in removing these lesions including surgical skills like grafts and flaps. Please call 62550888 for your Full Body Skin Check.
We offer the following personalised services
- Children’s Health
- Women’s Health
- Men’s Health
- Care for Elderly
- Childhood Immunisation
- Surgery – Minor Operations
- On-site Vaccinations — Flu, Occupational and Travel
- Skin Cancer Screening
- Employment and Insurance Medicals
- On site nurse bulk billed available.
The following forms are downloadable. For full instructions go to Downloadable forms page.
- Request access to your medical records
- Transfer your medical records from another practice
- New patient information form
- Email Medical Records Consent form